As a client of Adviser Investments you have affiliated yourself with a firm that believes in keeping your personal and financial information confidential. In the course of doing business with you, we collect nonpublic information about you and your financial status in order to provide you with the best possible advice and service.
We collect this information from various sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your social security number, income, net worth, other personal financial information, occupation and birth date.
- Information about your transactions with us, our custodians (e.g. The Vanguard Group & Fidelity Investments), or others, such as account balances, assets and past transactions.
- Information we collect from you through your account inquiries by mail, e-mail or telephone.
Generally, we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers except as permitted by law. However, to the extent reasonably necessary to service your account, we disclose nonpublic, personal information to nonaffiliated service providers such as custodians and investment companies (The Vanguard Group & Fidelity Investments). In addition, we may share information with your adviser or any one else you designate, but only if you have given us permission to do so.
We may share information about our experiences or transactions with you or your accounts with our custodians such as:
- Financial modeling date (e.g., name, account number, assets under management)
- Names, addresses and taxpayer identification number
- Fees received
- Performance returns
The primary purposes for such sharing of information is:
- Internal accounting, record keeping and auditing
- Performance monitoring
- Financial modeling
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information.